Are you considering selling your home in Southwest Louisiana?
Much like dining out and making a choice from the menu, Buyers also have a choice of homes for sale to choose from. When listing your Lake Charles home for sale, try and think like a buyer. Whatdo buyers want in a home? Some things to consider may be:
- Buyers want to view a clean house. Make your home sparkle and shine with clean baseboards, windows, and cabinets. Clean carpets are essential, buyers are sensitive to odors. Smoke or pet smells can be a turn off.
- Buyers want a house with a neutral color palette. Neutral colors help buyers envision their own unique decorating ideas.
- Buyers want current light fixtures and hardware. Light fixtures are essential to showing how nice a room can look — or not. Buyers prefer brushed nickle, stainless or bronze finish hardware.
- Buyers want updated kitchens and baths. You may not be able to completely remodel your kitchen, but some freshening up or painting can make a big difference. Invest in your home value.
- Buyers want a house that fits their stage of life and activities. Buyers with young families want safe play spaces in yards and family rooms. Some people want a home without stairs or a home with an extra room for an aging parent. Don’t be discouraged if your house isn’t a perfect fit for all buyers but you should market aggressively to your target buyer
- Buyers want a place to make their own. If you have your home up for sale it means you are leaving to go somewhere else. Break your personal attachments and make your home into a house that the next owner can easily envision himself living in.
If you are thinking of selling your Lake Charles, Sulphur, Westlake, Moss Bluff or Carlyss home I would be happy to show you what the competitive houses look like in your neighborhood. Give me a call at 337 499 9592 and we can discuss listing your home with just the right strategy to achieve SOLD results!