Mark your calendars for all the weekend Mardi Gras events leading up to Fat Tuesday, February 21, 2012! Government offices, City and Businesses will be closed in observance of Mardi Gras.
Please remember to follow the Do’s and Don’ts of Mardi Gras Parades in Lake Charles to keep everyone safe!
- DO NOT LITTER.
- No glass containers of any kind.
- Leave pets at home.
- Leave all valuables at home.
- NO open fires in or on vehicles.
- Do not pour hot coals on the ground.
- Stay behind all police lines or curbs.
- Do not run up to or near the floats.
- Do not follow or chase floats.
- Do not throw anything at the floats or float riders.
- Please watch your children.
- Be kind and courteous to your neighbor.
- No bikes, skateboards or roller blades along the parade route.
- Do not obscure sidewalks.
- Please bag litter and trash and place at curb after the parade. Bagged litter and trash will be picked up beginning at 7:00 a.m. Wednesday, February 22.
Parades begin today Friday, February 17th with the Merchants Parade at 7:00pm
Krewe of Barkus Parade will be Saturday February 18, at 3:00 PM near the Boardwalk of the Lake Charles Civic Center
Children’s Parade, Sunday February 19th 3:00 PM
Lighted Boat Parade, Sunday February 7:00 PM
FAT TUESDAY- MARDI GRAS DAY!
There will be an Alcohol-Free Mardi Gras Zone for Kids, Tweens and Teens
Tuesday, February 21, Noon – 5 p.m.
The Alcohol-Free and Tobacco-Free Mardi Gras Zone will be located in the empty parking lot between the Charleston Building and the Calcasieu Parish Courthouse on Ryan Street along the parade route. Children can enjoy free activities, entertainment and food. The Zone is sponsored by Project KNOW, the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury and the Louisiana Campaign for Tobacco-Free Living.
Hot Rods Classics Parade, Tuesday, February 21st 1:00 PM
Krewe of Krewe Parade Tuesday, February 21st 5:30 PM –Throw Me Something Mister!