Renovating and maintaining historical properties is an ongoing task. Consider what it takes to preserve and maintain our historical government buildings which have just received some exterior facelifts as part of the new downtown streetscape!
THE CALCASIEU PARISH COURTHOUSE circa 1912
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Calcasieu Parish Courthouse sits on the southwest corner of Ryan and Kirby Street in Lake Charles. The Calcasieu Parish Courthouse is the centerpoint of Lake Charles executive history. The massive columns in the front distinguish the architecture which was designed by the largest 1912 architecture firm in New Orleans- Favrot and Livadais.
This year marks 100 years of this historical Lake Charles government building. The Calcasieu Parish Courthouse is proudly displaying 1912-2012 banners.