Just across the Street from the Calcasieu Parish Courthouse is the Lake Charles 1911 Historical City Hall located on the Southeast corner of Ryan and Kirby Streets in Lake Charles, LA
Constructed in 1911 by the New Orleans Architect firm of Favrot and Livaudais, the 1911 Historical City Hall features ornate red and white Spanish Baroque features. The most distinctive features of the structure include:
- Red tiled roof
- Italian Church Bell Tower
- Double Faced Clock
The 1911 Historic City Hall served as the seat of Lake Charles city government until 1978 and is now refurbished as the Arts & Cultural Center hosting a gallery of rotating exhibits.
1911 Historic City Hall has recently been incorporated in the Lake Charles Downtown Streetscape. The exterior of the building has been lushly landscaped and front sidewalk areas enhanced with brick pavers flowerbeds and new benches!