Did you know that Louisiana Realtors play an important part with strong representation on issues that affect real estate in Louisiana?
Realtors have worked to influence policy and pass legislation to strengthen the Louisiana real estate market. Listed below are just a few examples of how Realtors have benefited the homeowner in Louisiana.
- Abolished future real estate transfer taxes in Louisiana with the historical passage of a constitutional amendment
- Lowered property insurance costs and provided incentives for competitive homeowners insurance.
- Consumer protection through sound mortgage banking requirements (licensing, enforcement and education of mortgage bankers)
- Reducing consumer liability through standardization of the real estate transaction
- Protection of private property rights (seizing of property by municipalities)
To keep you informed of the latest developments impacting your home, neighborhood and way of life the Louisiana Realtors have developed a Homeowners Resource Center at LAHOMEOWNERS.org.
Be sure to visit this site for:
- Real estate news and trends
- Explanation and background on important real estate and home ownership issues
- Information on how to protect and increase the value of your investment
- Homeowner resources including online calculations, guides for buyers and sellers, and links to valuable Internet resources.
- Calls to action on important real estate related legislation.
For local Lake Charles Real Estate information and Search of ALL Southwest Louisiana listings go to the Lake Charles Real Estate website provided by Marilyn Boudreaux, Century 21 Mike D Bono & Co.’s