Q & A:
What do I do to help market properties I have listed?
One of the most important things I do is take a lot of pictures and upload video so that potential buyers will feel like they have had a showing without even visiting the property yet. If the Buyer likes what they see, they will schedule a showing!
What do you recommend sellers do to make sure their selling process is smooth?
I’ve found that being upfront and informing my clients about the process of selling and what type of potential offers they can expect and addressing inspection issues is part of making the deal smooth and closing. The less surprises–the better!
How Do Real Estate Agents Get Paid?
Real estate agents or brokers are paid through the sales commission by the seller when a transaction closes.
I don’t want to just list your property, I want to SELL IT! When you are ready to sell your Lake Charles home contact MARILYN BOUDREAUX, Century 21 Mike D. Bono & Co.’s 337-499-9592
Lake Charles Home Owners Will Find the Answers to Frequently Asked Questions Within the Lake Charles Home Owner Page:
- What Does it Cost to Sell My Lake Charles Home
- Why Should I List With A Realtor
- Price Your Home to Sell
- Seller Checklist
- Appraisal Repairs
- When Can We Move
I have outlined the listing process to sell your Lake Charles home for you right here!
When you’re ready to sell your Southwest Louisiana residential home or property, you need to ask yourself the following questions: Do you have the time, energy, sources of information, marketing abilities and contacts to do the job yourself? Do you understand the types of offers Buyers may present in a purchase contract?? Even the Founder of For Sale by Owner recognized the need of a Realtor’s assistance to sell his own home!
When your property is marketed with an agent’s help, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Agents will generally pre-screen and accompany qualified prospects through your property. This usually means the Buyer has been pre-approved with a lender to purchase a property in a specific price range.
There are several things to consider including pricing and marketing your property to attract qualified buyers and why you should list with Marilyn Boudreaux, Century 21 Mike D. Bono & Co.’s
When a Lake Charles Homeowner honors me with their business, I agree to take on a serious responsibility. My job as a listing agent when done right entails far more than getting some signatures on paper, putting a sign in the yard, entering the listing in the MLS and putting a lockbox on the front door. Listing your Lake Charles Home for Sale is more than just holding Open Houses, creating pretty brochures, taking good pictures and calling you with feedback. It is my job as a real estate professional to know if the property is sellable at all (and not all are) and what it will take to get your Lake Charles home sold.
Lake Charles Home owners need exposure to get your property seen and in front of Buyers searching the Internet. I have received the Internet Marketing Specialist Designation and know just how to do that!
When you decide to sell your Lake Charles home the process usually begins with a determination of a reasonable asking price. As your real estate agent I can provide you with up-to-date market statistics, financing, terms, and your competition. Pricing your home to sellwill be key in getting your property sold quickly.
TIPS FOR HOME OWNERS SELLING A LAKE CHARLES HOME
Remove Your Pets
Take your pet for a walk when the home is showing, it is best for the pet not to be inside during the viewing. Why–because some buyers may be fearful of pets or allergic to pets. Seeing a pet could also draw the buyer’s attention to look for damage to doors or scratches on the flooring.
Get Rid of Odors
Your home should welcome the buyer when they step through the front door. If a buyer smells smoke or cooking odors it could be a turn off. Try to air out your home an hour prior to showing. Brew some coffee or place fresh flowers for appealing scents.
Clean and De-Clutter
A home that is neat and appealing to the eye will get the buyer’s attention. Think of showings and inspections as if you were planning for a dinner party guests–meaning clean all surfaces, and remove clutter so everything appears shiny and fresh!
Once a Lake Charles Home Seller has their Lake Charles home listed it is also important that the Lake Charles Home Seller keep their home “show ready”.
First impressions matter sellers need to understand is buyers are looking at more than just one property. Lake Charles Home Sellers should concentrate on making their home stand out among the rest of Lake Charles homes for sale.
What does “show ready” mean?
- Show ready means your Lake Charles home is prepared to show. For suggestions view my Seller checklist.Shopping for Lake Charles Homes is not much different. 87% of Buyers searching for a Lake Charles home will view properties online first. If Buyers like what they see, they will contact their Realtor to show them the house. Real estate agents can never predict when the Buyer may want to view a home, therefore Lake Charles Home Sellers should keep their Lake Charles Home show ready at all times. You don’t want to miss a showing! Buyers will be impacted with the first impression of how your Lake Charles home for sale appears to them. To help Lake Charles Home Sellers make their Home for Sale attractive and grab the attention of the buyer, there are some things the Lake Charles Home Seller can do. If Lake Charles Home Sellers are still living in their Lake Charles home while it is listed, the home sellers can try “home staging” with their own items. I have highlighted a few tips for Lake Charles Home Sellers to enhance the appearance of their Lake Charles Home for Sale in this Blog.Understanding the Real Estate Market: What is Buyer’s Market compared to a Seller’s Market?
Understanding how inventory of homes for sale affects the real estate market is key when purchasing or selling real estate in Southwest Louisiana.
What determines a Buyer’s market? Most economists state that if you have under four months of remaining inventory, then you’re in a sellers’ market. Five to seven months of inventory is a neutral market and seven to 12 months is a buyers’ market. Over 12 months of inventory and you’re in a poor market.
- The next step in Selling your Lake Charles Home is listing and marketing your home. Marketing includes the exposure of your property to other real estate agents and the public. 35% of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, another real estate agent other than your agent brings a buyer. As your Realtor, I act as your marketing coordinator, disbursing information about your property to other real estate agents through a Multiple Listing Service and the consumers through visible marketing effort. A high percentage of home sales real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends and family, and personal contacts. According to the National Association of Realtors Sellers who use the services of a Realtor are 84% more likely to sell their home successfully. Anyone can offer you the basics but I offer you much more. Exposure is the name of the game along with pricing your home correctly. GOOGLE my name MARILYN BOUDREAUX and check out my Internet presence.
- MARKETINGMarketing the sale of your home when it is first listed is my primary goal. There is a misconception that print advertising sells real estate. The National Association of REALTORS studies show that over 89% of homebuyers today begin their home search on the Internet. How will your home be found by prospective buyers? Social Media is just one avenue that is increasing in our daily lives. As a graduate of Internet Marketing Specialist Designation I have learned technology to market Lake Charles Homes for Sale through the social media sites and Internet.
How will your home be found by prospective buyers? I post your listing on Facebook, Active Rain,Twitter, LinkedIn and syndicate the listing to other prominent real estate websites. Buyers are connecting in many different ways so it is important that your listing be available for viewing on social media sites as well as other real estate websites to get in front of as many buyers as possible .Ask me about my call capture technology and custom domain sites I also use to market your home. Your property will be seen!
Copyright 2012© Marilyn Boudreaux
Marilyn Boudreaux, REALTOR® 337-499-9592
Century 21 Mike D. Bono & Co.’s
4410 Nelson Road
Lake Charles, LA USA 70605