Position Your Home to Sell
With a current low inventory of homes for sale in Southwest Louisiana, it is important to POSITION YOUR HOME TO SELL in the shortest time possible for the best price. Begin by looking at your home though the eyes of a potential buyer. You want your home to stand out in the Lake Charles Real Estate market.
Buyers will evaluate your home based upon the following:
To be among homes that sell, your home must be seen with value to a buyer that will allow justify a top price. If your home is not rated highly in location, size, features, condition, then the price will need to be adjusted for these deficiencies.
Other factors to consider:
- Real estate is local. As your REALTOR, I can explain current market factors in the community, including what’s selling, what isn’t selling, and why. This information is critical to setting an optimal price and terms.
- If your house is located in a desirable area you will be able to get a higher price than you can for the same house in a less desirable area.
- If a house has amenities that are currently popular in the marketplace, it will bring a higher price. I can help identify top trends.
- A house that has been better maintained and “shows” better will always sell for more than one that has had deferred (neglected) maintenance and needs work.
- Buyers expect everything to work. It’s an important trust factor, and worth the time and expense to make basic repairs.
- Markets differ by location and time. When interest rates are low and the local job base is growing, it’s great to be a seller. But when times are slack and mortgage rates are rising, homes also sell. The trick is to be realistic, to get as much as market conditions will allow.
Lake Charles Realtor
What Clients Say
I have dealt with Marilyn before and she is AMAZING. She truly cares for her customers and gives empathy throughout all the ups and downs of the emotional house buying/selling process.